Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Top 5 Responsibilities for The Maid of Honor Before the Wedding



 DEAR MAID OF HONOR....
WE LOVE YOU

Now as a Busy Little Bride, you know how important GOOD HELP can be. It can truly be a lifesaver when things get overwhelming, you need a break, or just need some support! That feeling that someone is with you all way as you embark on the perhaps busiest and stressful months of your life while planning your wedding.

My Personal Experience
I had a maid of honor, who was a family member (who shall remain nameless), that actually didn't turn out to be too helpful to me. She didn't learn how to bustle my dress, throw or attend my bridal shower, help me with invitations, or help me with anything. And that was okay because I still wanted her as my maid of honor. I promise I didn't put any crazy or extraordinary stress on her. But, the morning of my shower she decided she didn't want to be in my wedding anymore.  It was quite devastating and put a damper on my whole day.... but I had my other bridesmaids and my wonderful mother to help cheer me up. I know it put a lot of stress on my mother and other bridesmaids at the last minute because my maid of honor was supposed to be bringing the chicken, and you know CHICKEN is an essential part of any function! My mother rallied, because she is the greatest woman alive, and so did my brother, and it turned out to be the best shower a girl could want! Therefore, I made my brother my Man of Honor... and my best friend my Maid of Honor. I felt so lucky to have them both, and it was probably how it should have been from the start.   

Maid/Man of Honor you are the brides most valuable asset! You're her cosigner...her confidant...her ACE...her number 1! So here is a list of some responsibilities the Maid of Honor traditionally handles.

From: pbjacksonville.com

 1. BRIDAL SHOWER  PLANNING AND DETAILS
This can involve quite a lot.  Find out who is invited to the wedding, so they can be invited to the shower.  So, it would help if you had a good handle on her invitation list or even helped her address the invitations. 
  
2. BUSTLING THE DRESS' TRAIN
I know from personal experience how stressfull this can be.  One thing you cannot do is bustle your own train. I actually had a 12 point bustle, so my Maid of Honor had to be at, at least one of my fitting appointments so the seamstress could explain the bustle to her. It could be super duper simple as some dresses are a 1 point bustle, or more complicated the fluffier the dress. 
 
3. INFORMING BRIDESMAIDS OF ANY CHANGES AND RELAYING INFORMATION AMONGST THE GROUP. 
Between the dress fittings, the showers, and all the little details... it can be very exhausting trying to inform every member of your wedding party of the upcoming events and various changes.  This is a great way to be of help to the bride. She will love you for being proactive!

4.HELP ADDRESS WEDDING INVITATIONS. 
 I thought this detail of the wedding was going to be the easiest. BOY WAS I WRONG! This is a great way to see who is on the list so they can be invited to the shower.  Remember, many hands make light work.

5. A SHOULDER TO CRY ON.
Throughout all the ups and downs, its always nice to have somebody to cry to, complain to, vent to.  This is probably your most important job of all.  Remember sometimes just being there and listening is a huge help! 





Wedding Planning- Beautiful Wedding Cakes Cupcakes - The New DIY Wedding Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment